Imagine wearing pendants according to your mood every day in different designs. You can make these yourself in no time with seed beads and a hand sewing needle and thread
How to make a bead pendant by weaving seed beads with needle and thread
- Mark your design on graph paper
Using sketch pens (or pencil) mark the design according to the pattern you have in mind. After you have designed it, you can lay out the necessary beads according to your design for your convenience. Each grid on the graph paper is considered as one bead. Remember seed beads are very small, so mark accordingly.
- Thread the needle with beads
Take enough seed beads on your needle and thread to fill the first row of your design. I needed 9 beads for my first row so I took those 9 beads on the needle. Keep the beads to the back of the thread leaving a small thread tail behind.
- Take the bead for the next row
Thread the needle with the first bead for the next row
- Insert the needle through the last bead of your first row
You should be doing this from the left.
- Pull it tight
This will attach the new bead just under the last bead of the first row
- Now insert the needle from the right through the new bead
- Pull this tight
You have your first row started, with the first bead of the second row firmly attached under the last bead of the first row.
- Now do the same thing again with the next bead
Insert another bead the same way. Remember to follow the design – the color of the beads you should be adding should be following the markings you have made on the graph paper.
- Go up through the top bead
- Come back through the new bead
Everything as you did earlier.
- Complete the row and then come back
When you reach the other side of the design you will be coming back.
- Do this repeatedly
- Cut out backing
I am using a faux leather piece as backing; felt is good enough; Or any other thick fabric.
- Sew the backing and the woven bead piece together
Keep them together and sew the edges with beads.
- Make a small loop for hanging with beads