Lace is no doubt a wonderful fabric. At once delicate and strong; transparent but at the same time covering. The beautiful lace is a designer’s dream come true. Any dress made with a decent looking Lace fabric is bound to look beautiful, expensive and classy.
There are many ways to add lace to fabric other than using it to create the whole garment ( Undoubtfully there are many more ways than what I have listed here).Check them out yourself .
1 Add Lace to sleeve hem
2. A lace bodice for your dress is a beauty. When you have lace no need to add any other embellishment, especially with beaded lace
3. Lace applique
Adding lace motifs as appliques is a common technique. This way you can add the beautiful designs of lace to your choice of fabric. Checkout this post on sewing Lace for techniques to sew applique to your fabric.
Reverse appliqueing the lace under the fabric making a window for the lace motifs is another great way of adding lace to your clothes.
3. Line the Lace fabric with a contrasting fabric
When you add a contrasting colour the open weave of the lace fabric lets you see a peak of the fabric colour underneath as in the picture below which looks good and interesting. You will have to use a good quality fabric for this like satin/ silk if the fabric will be visible through the holes of the lace.
4. Lace and Denim is a contrasting combination of masculine and feminine elements and suprisingly it looks fantastic. You can patch the denim with lace or add lace trims on the seams to extend the width of the garment.
5. A short veil in Lace
6. Or a long veil which is a dream come true
7. Lace trims layered on top of each other on a lining cloth. This is a great way to make a beautiful looking lace fabric.
8. On the hem of skirts . Lace trim is top stitched on a turned under hem
9. Lace trims make great ruffles
10. As a train for your gown
11. For hemming the yoke of an offshouldered top
12. Make a simle slip dress with lace
13. Lace at the edge of a collar
14. Or as an unlined collar itself
15. For sewing shoulder straps
16. As wonderful hairbands . Checkout the tutorials to make these hairbands yourself
17. As a wrap around your shoulders
18. Makes a wonderful onepiece
19. For elbow length gloves
Or as fingerless gloves
20 A shrug in lace
21. Add as a patch on clothes
22. An illusion neckline in lace fabric
23. Use lace to make neckties . Checkout the tutorial to make neckties like this.
24. Add Lace sleeves- This is my favourite way of adding lace to clothes. You can add lace to parts of the sleeves as well.
25. Make a cowl with Lace – the delicate lace will drape nicely around the neck
26 A lace extender slip to increase the length of your skrts and dresses. Checkout the tutorial to make extender slip
27 A lace cape is a great addition to your dress. Checkout the tutorials to make similar capes
28 Lace scarf ; Checkout the tutorial to make different types of infinity scarves you can make with lace
29. Lace insertions – Lace trims are added as panels to skirts. This is an excellent technique to add length to your skirt as well. Lace Insertion is a much valued heirloom stitching technique.Checkout the tutorial to do Lace insertion with 2 easy methods
30 Lace lingerie